popsugar.com Short stories are very appealing. They sometimes say more than what a 200-page story would have said. Similarly, there are few short horror stories that would scare you out of your wits. Definitely, a few lined story can do what a 3-hour horror film would do i.e. give you sleepless nights. Here are few such short horror stories which would make you sleep with your lights on:
- A Knock popsugar.com I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window until I heard it coming from the mirror again.
- My Daughter Learned to Count popsugar.com My daughter woke me around 11:50 last night. My wife and I had picked her up from her friend Sally’s birthday party, brought her home, and put her to bed. My wife went into the bedroom to read while I fell asleep watching the Braves game. “Daddy,” she whispered, tugging my shirt sleeve. “Guess how old I’m going to be next month. “I don’t know, beauty,” I said as I slipped on my glasses. “How old?“She smiled and held up four fingers.It is 7:30 now. My wife and I have been up with her for almost 8 hours. She still refuses to tell us where she got them.
- The Screaming giphy.com My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.
- The Call animatedimages.org You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen. As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying “Don’t go down there honey, I heard it too.”
- 12:07 AM popsugar.com “The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.”
- Being Afraid pinterest.com “The covers are always a safe place in my bed, everyone’s out and I’m home alone, I slip between the covers, trying not to think bad thoughts. In complete darkness I whisper to myself, “Is it stupid that I’m afraid?”, “Don’t worry, friend, they can’t get us in here”, it whispers back.”
- Cradling the Child popsugar.com “After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.”
- What’s in the Basement? 31.media.tumblr.com Mommy told me never to go in the basement, but I wanted to see what was making that noise. It kind of sounded like a puppy, and I wanted to see the puppy, so I opened the basement door and tiptoed down a bit. I didn’t see a puppy, and then Mommy yanked me out of the basement and yelled at me. Mommy had never yelled at me before, and it made me sad and I cried. Then Mommy told me never to go into the basement again, and she gave me a cookie. Those made me feel better, so I didn’t ask her why the boy in the basement was making noises like a puppy, or why he had no hands or feet.