“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Steve Jobs once said these thoughtful words that still resonate with me in more ways that one can imagine. I don’t know much about you, but I always find my heart and my mind fighting a battle against each other.
There are times when our parents tell us how we should take a practical decision by listening to our mind. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, we often let our heart take control of our life. I’m not an expert or have the wisdom of some thousand monks, but I know why we should always listen to our heart. If you are facing the same dilemma, then read on and finish this battle once and for all.
- Okay! I’m going to start with some foolproof scientific facts. It has been proved scientifically that our heart acts like a “little brain” with more than 4000 secondary neurons. This gives our heart the ability to think, feel, and take decisions. Source
- Another scientific fact: Your heart is linked to more parts of your body than your brain. It also keeps communicating with your brain through different means.Source
- Your heart is one of the strongest organs in your body. It literally beats for you while pumping blood to every other organSource
- Now when you know that your heart can really feel things, you can easily prove that there is a thing known as “gut feeling” and it is not fictitious at all.Source
- There are plenty of emotions that your brain can’t recognize, but your heart can – which makes it quite crucial for any decision-making process Source
- If you will solely listen to your brain, then you might end up missing a life-changing opportunity. As your brain won’t be able to process your intuition.Source
- It has been proved that our brain is more concerned about our future while our heart thinks of the present. Now, it all depends on you – do you want to live in the moment or waste your present in order to plan for a future that doesn’t really exist. Source
- If you have a “guarded heart”, then you would never be able to liberate yourself and spend your whole life without being free.Source
- They say that the biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all. If you listen to your mind, then you might have a “safe” life, but it won’t be a “happy” one.Source
- You would miss out on so many things – love, friendship, compassion, and what not. You won’t be able to enjoy the magic of “here and now”.Source
- While your heart can give you a sense of contentment, your mind will never be at peace. It will always make you reach out to new goals, without giving you a sense of much-needed peace.Source
- What goes around comes around, right? Your mind might tell you not to do a random act of kindness, but if you truly believe in Karma, then you would put others first. You would halt everything for a while and make an effort to change someone else’s life.Source So stop chasing those big goals of yours for a second. Dance in the rain, take risks, love a little more, and most importantly – just live. Listen to your heart and live in the moment. Because what you have right now, might all be gone tomorrow.