Breakups and bad relationships are a part of the whole package. Fortunate are those who get to spend their whole life with their first love. The rest of us, on the other hand, fall in and out of love during our quest to find “the one”.If you have just broken up with a loved one, give yourself some time. Yes, I know how much it hurts. Nevertheless, with a right attitude, you can certainly move past a broken relationship and have a bigger approach towards life. Start by following these thoughtful suggestions.
- Accept the reality favim.com Most of the people find it hard to move on because they are not ready to accept the reality. They want to keep holding on to their past with a hope of having their loved one back. Start by accepting the fact that it is over and that you can’t go back to undo the damage.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself ahhhgifhunts.tumblr.com There are a few things in this world that are just not meant to be. You can’t blame yourself for your bad relationship. Instead of punishing yourself, learn from it and accept the fact that it was just… not meant to be.
- Forgive your ex saraheileenduff.wordpress.com Just because your ex has done a bad thing, it doesn’t mean that he/she is a bad person. Holding on to your anger will only hurt you in the long haul. Just forgive and forget. Be the bigger person.
- Spend time with your family and friends sheriffs.org Why crib for someone who doesn’t want you in their life when you can be with those who love you with the whole of their hearts. Spend time with your family and friends and learn to value what you already have in your life.
- Avoid contacting your ex drabblesonline.wordpress.com I know it could be the hardest thing at times, but you can’t stay in touch with them or pretend to be “just friends” when you are still trying to figure things out. It is better to take separate ways and live your life without them.
- Work on yourself mrwgifs.com Instead of focusing on a past relationship, focus on yourself. Every broken relationship gives us a chance to evolve ourselves. Give your mind, body, and soul a chance to grow.
- Let go wifflegif.com You can’t really move on from a broken relationship without letting it go. Get rid of all those gifts, tokens, or almost any tangible object that the two of you have exchanged. Try to put your feelings in a box and put a seal on it. Do this whenever you are ready, as it can be a tough job. After all, it is not just the past that you have to let go of. You have to let go of the entire future that you imagined with them.
- Give it some time giphy.com Trust me – time qualifies everything. It can mend a broken heart, but only if you allow it to. Give time some time, my friend.
- Learn to love again s219.photobucket.com I know this might sound impossible right now, but you are going to love again. Be open to the possibility of falling in love with someone else in the future. After all, you have a long life ahead of you and someone might heal all your broken pieces with a single touch.
At the end of the day, you need to remember that even though we don’t experience the same love twice, there are different kinds of love in this world. You are going to fall in love with someone with the same sense of passion. And maybe, the lessons that you have learned from your broken relationship will help you complete the bigger picture.
May be… just may be.