Yet another IPL Season is about to commence and there are a lot of things to look out for this upcoming season
The tenth edition of Indian Premiere League is commencing and along with it comes a lot of entertainment and cricket. Each IPL Season has brought some twists and turns, some controversies and some great cricket. However each Season was an eye-catcher in its own way and this season is expected to be no less. Here are few things to look out for this IPL Season that will go on for approximately 6 weeks:
- Dhoni’s first IPL without captaincy sportskeeda.com Dhoni and captaincy go hand-in-hand. Ever since IPL started, Dhoni has been playing as a captain first for Chennai Super Kings and later on for Rising Pune Supergiants. However this is the first time that Dhoni would not be a captain but would be playing as a regular player. This year the captaincy of Rising Pune Supergiants will be under Steve Smith. It will be interesting yet heart-breaking to see Dhoni as a regular player.
- Afghan players newindianexpress.com This is the first time that Afghan players would be playing in IPL. Two of the Afghan players’ leg spinner Rashid Khan and all-rounder Mohd Nabi would play for Sunrisers Hyderabad. A lot would be dependent on these two players for Afghanistan cricket since a good performance by them would mean quite a lot new opportunities.
- RCB is hot-favorite newszii.com Bookies this time are betting on Royal Challengers Bangalore to get the title this time after being the three-time finalists. Mumbai Indians and the last year’s winners Sunrisers Hyderabad follow RCB with bets on them being 11/2 and 6/1 respectively. With players like Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle, Mitchell Starc and AB de Villiers amongst others, RCB is surely the team to look out for.
- Mahela Jayawardene’s new role deccanchronicle.com Sri Lanka’s Mahela Jayawardene would be filling the shoes of Ricky Ponting as Mumbai Indian’s coach. It will be great to see how the team performs under his guidance. Mumbai Indians is a two-times trophy winner.
- Dropping the “S” grabhouse.com Rising Pune Supergiants not only changed the captain for better results but also dropped an extra “S” from Supergiants in search for better luck. It would be interesting to see whether both the actions work in their favor or not.
- The West Indies indiatimes.com The Windies players have over a period of time provided a lot of good entertainment along with great cricket every IPL Season. Be it Chris Gayle’s amazing tons and a little bit of leap that follows it, Dwayne Bravo’s championship dance that still makes us groove or Darren Sammy’s pacifier-sucking dance, they have just been a delight to watch. What these players have to provide this season would be much awaited.
- English players bought for huge sum i1204.photobucket.com Over the previous seasons no English players have fetched as much money as Ben Stokes and Tymal Mills did this season. Rising Pune Supergiants bought Stokes for Rs 14.5 crores while Tymal Mills was bought by RCB for 12 crores. Whether they do justice to this amount or not is a big question now.