There are certain fluids or drinks that will steal away your sleep and few others that will help you get a sound goodnight’s sleep. In this fast-paced world and with our lifestyle, there are probably few such nights where you have not had a sound sleep, hence ruining your next day. Thus, next time you fear you are going to have a poor and interrupted sleep, here are few drinks that would help you get a sleep similar to that like babies:
- Warm Milk giphy.com It has been proved that drinking a glass of warm milk can help you get a better sleep. Whether you prefer to have it warm or cold doesn’t really make a difference to milk’s sleep inducing properties. Some say that having almond milk works better. Warm milk would lower dangerous cortisol levels that are caused because of stress and hence giving you a good sleep.
- Chamomile Tea kjaggers.com Chamomile is one of the reliable remedies that help in curing insomnia. Chamomile tea is very soothing, caffeine-free, and calming. So, when chamomile tea is consumed along with a spoon of honey in it, it would help you get a great sleep.
- Cherry Juice cutecatgifs.com Cherries are very rich in melatonin, which is the sleep hormone. Studies say that consuming a glass of cherry juice in the morning and late evening can get you some good sound sleep and maybe even an extra hour of sleep.
- Warm Water hardiwb.net Drinking a certain amount of water daily is necessary to maintain a good health. But drinking water at bedtime will help stimulate kidneys. Normally, being dehydrated would disrupt your brain functioning and hence harm your sleep. Studies have found that staying hydrated throughout the day would help get a good sleep and also make you feel rejuvenated in the morning.
- Coconut Water tenor.co Coconut water is known to be a very energizing drink. It can work very well in getting a good night’s sleep as it is very high in magnesium and also keeps you well hydrated. So, having coconut water in the late evening can get you a great sleep.
- Banana Smoothie popkey.co Banana Smoothie makes a very healthy, smoothing, filling and a great drink to consume before bedtime. You can have the banana smoothie with a half-cup of almond milk or soy and a tablespoon of almond butter. It will work wonders in helping you get an uninterrupted sleep.
- Decaffeinated Green Tea giphy.com Green Tea is no less than a magical drink. Decaffeinated green tea is known to be sleep-improver and is also a stress reducer. However, be very careful while choosing green tea and make sure that you choose decaffeinated one. Otherwise, it can go wrong and give you a sleepless night.