It is a little hard to believe but travelling within India can be done without putting a dent in your wallets.
Summer is the time when we all crave to get a little break from daily life, wander off and just be at peace somewhere in the hilly region or a beach. However the major concern that remains here is the budget. All that wandering off without incurring high expenses requires is proper planning and proper choice of destination. Here are few places within India where travelling can be inexpensive:
- Dharamshala travelguide.easemytrip.com Dharamshala which is located right in the heart of Himachal Pradesh’s Dhauladhar mountain range is perfect getaway place for adventure lovers and nature lovers. Para-gliding is very popular here. Thus if you looking to spend a weekend in a place which offers cool, pleasant atmosphere, Dharamshala is perfect. Also a budget hotel here will cost approximately Rs 300/night.
- Alleppey keralahouseboatreservation.com Also known as Venice of India, Alleppey offers magnificent waterways, flourishing countryside and lagoons. If you are in mood to be lazy and just experience nature, Alleppey is the place for you. Staying at normal hotels can be done within Rs 1000/night while a houseboat that is 3BHK will cost approximately Rs 6000/night.
- Kasol tripoto.com A very picturesque village in Himachal Pradesh, Kasol would make one of the cheapest getaways. There are very pretty options to spend the night which can be availed at very basic prices. Also travelling within short distances can be done easily via HRTC bus services. Kasol has plenty of cheap yet amazing food joints options too.
- Goa tripadvisor.in Goa can easily be categorized into one of the most over-rated places there are in India. The best places to enjoy in Goa are absolutely very cheap like forts, beaches and amazing Portuguese architecture. For food, the shacks on beach are the best option where you can get a good meal for approximately Rs 200 while a decent accommodation or beach huts can be availed at around Rs 1000/night. Hire a motorbike at good, decent rates and explore the city at your own pace.
- Varanasi filmkaar.com A visit to Varanasi would be a spiritual experience. There are numerous hotels and guesthouses here which are available at extremely low rates. Walking around its ghats and soaking in its spiritual vibrancy will be memorable. There are plenty of food options available at every corner and a meal for two can be done within Rs 350.
- Pondicherry tourism.pondicherry.gov.in Pondicherry is a good summer experience. A French experience can be done within extremely low budget. A stay at Aurobindo Ashram, food inclusive would cost almost nothing and the stay will give you an experience of lifetime. Otherwise, the alcohol here is also very cheap when compared to other places. There are plenty of small cafes and restaurants where you can have Indian flavoured French food at approximately Rs 350 for two.
- Kanyakumari keralatravelboutique.com Kanyakumari is located right at the tip of Indian mainland and the most exciting experience one can get here is the confluence of Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea. Visit Vivekanand Rock and experience mind-blowing sunset views. Budget hotels will cost approximately RS 900/night while a return bus ticket from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari can be availed at Rs 500.