These shows ruled the television once upon a time and almost everyone is guilty of enjoying them.
Ekta Kapoor was ruling the television in the 90’s and early 2000s. While most of us dislike the majority of content that is being shown right now on the television, we equally loved what they came up with in the late 90’s and early 2000s. Over a period of time the plots of every other serial looked similar with grey characters and evil vamps. However every other household had some or the other member watching these serials and with them the rest of the family. Here are few Ekta Kapoor shows that most of us enjoyed watching:
- Hum Paanch timechor.in Ekta Kapoor started her career with Hum Paanch and it was a huge success. The serial started in 1995 and ran for about 4 years. Vidya Balan who played the role of Radhika, one of the daughters started her career from this serial. Hum Paanch sure brings nostalgia to most of the 90’s kids. After its huge succession, the second season was started in 2005 but it was not well received and soon ended.
- Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi makeagif.com It can be appropriately said that it all started from Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The serial surely made Smriti Irani a household name but it lasted for years with characters that came back from dead and creating a huge uproar, time leaps and the older characters that didn’t age. It was only when the audience got really really tired of the show that it was taken off-air.
- Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki viral.newstracklive.com Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki was basically no different than Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. It was just different characters and a slightly different plot. The show was launched in 2000, revolved around Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) who was an ideal daughter-in-law and from time-to-time removes all the hurdles that come upon her family.
- Kahin Kisi Roz scoopwhoop.com The plot of this serial revolves around revenge, malevolence, deception, dishonesty and hatred. Yash Tonk, Mouli Ganguly and Sudha Chauhan played the leads. This was one serial that showed very harshly the messed up and difficult relationship between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. The serial ran for only 3 years and that is quite a short life as compared to other Ekta Kapoor serials.
- Kutumb india-forums.com HitenTejwani, Gauri Pradhan Tejwani, Kishwar Merchant and Varun Badola became household names all thanks to this serial. Also starring SakshiTanwar, the story is about Pratham Mittal (Hiten) who marries Gauri Aggarwal (Gauri) only to take revenge on her and mess up her life. The serial ran for only 1 year ie 2000-2001 and 251 episodes but was widely watched.
- Kasauti Zindagi Ki vagabomb.com The story of Anurag (Cezanne Khan) and Prerna (Shweta Tiwari) had hooked almost all of us. The negative role of Urvashi Dholakia as Komolika was widely applauded while other characters like Ronit Roy as Rishabh Bajaj and Karanvir Bohra as Prem got their holding in industry because of this serial. The serial ran for 8 years and there were even talks about its second season coming up in 2017-18.
- Kitani Mohabbat Hai tellychakkar.com The serial lasted for only a year but is still remembered for the love story that tugged everyone’s hearts and also for finding Karan Kundra. The chemistry between Arjun (Karan) and Kritika Kamra (Arohi) was surely unmissable.