Edward Christopher Sheeran who has given hits like “Lego House”, “Galway Girl”, “Give Me Love”, “Shape Of You” and many more, keeps on gathering more popularity and fan following with his every song. The 26-year-old singer with his cute looks and an enchanting smile has already won more than a couple of awards and not to mention people’s hearts. Here are a couple of cool facts about the very successful and young singer:
- Music runs in his family tumblr.com Ed Sheeran was exposed to music at a very young age. He first started singing church choirs at the age of 4 with his mother and soon started learning guitar. His elder brother Matthew is also into music and is into composing classical music.
- He was self-taught giphy.com His first guitar was given to him by his uncle on which, he got his initial learning lessons. He has a habit of naming his later guitars like Trev, Lloyd, Cyril, Felix, Nigel and James. He has used these names after some of the people working in his crew. If the guitar breaks too fast, he sometimes reuses the names. Out of these his main guitars are Felix, Lloyd, Nigel and Cyril.
- Collaboration with Rupert Grint giphy.com Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in Harry Potter featured in Ed Sheeran’s one of the video songs, Lego House. Rupert Grint and Ed Sheeran look very similar because of their height and hair color. In the video, Grint plays a crazy fan who starts believing that he is Ed Sheeran himself.
- Ed Sheeran’s tattoos wifflegif.com Ed Sheeran has a total of approximate 100 tattoos including a couple of tattoos on his left arm which includes a cup of tea, Puss in Boots, a ketchup bottle, a tribute to Taylor Swift, the word “Prince” for the tribute to “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. Other tattoos include a family tree, the phrase “Festina Lente”, Pingu and Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”. He is so fond of tattoos that he even gave Harry Styles a padlock tattoo.
- Songs based on true stories buzzfeed.com The song “Small Bump” is based on his friends who lost their child. According to Ed Sheeran, he wrote it from the perspective of being the parent since it is a very sensitive subject. Another song “The A Team” is also based on his experience with a drug-addicted homeless woman whom he met during his gig at a homeless shelter.
- He was often bullied wifflegif.com According to Ed Sheeran, bullying is something that happens to most of the people. He was often bullied since he used to wear huge glasses, used to stutter, was quite weird and have hearing issues. But he has taken this in good stride and believes that those experiences have made him what he is today. Cover image source