Bhagavata Purana consists of few predictions and prophecies that speak reality of today’s era.
There are some predictions and prophecies in the last section of the ancient holy Hindu text Bhagavata Purana. These predictions and prophecies were jotted down approximately 5000 years back by Veda vyasa and are related to the present times of Kali Yuga. Here are few ancient Hindu predictions that are very accurate:
- About diminishing of intangible assets giphy.com It is written down in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.1 that “Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.”
- The importance of wealth tenor.co This one that is written down in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.2 seems so very accurate. It says,” In Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be considered the sign of a man’s good birth, proper behavior and fine qualities. And law and justice will be applied on the basis of one’s power.” In today’s world we have actually swooped down to the level of judging everyone by the wealth they possess and the status they have.
- About the short-lived relationships topyaps.com The way relationships are moving these days is so apt to what is written down in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.3 “Men and women will live together merely because of superficial attraction, and success in business will depend on deceit. Womanliness and manliness will be judged according to one’s expertise in sex, and a man will be known as a Brahmana just by wearing a thread.”
- About the easy ways out magazine.fasherati.com Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.5 says “A person will be judged unholy if he does not have money, and hypocrisy will be accepted as virtue. Marriage will be arranged simply by verbal agreement, and a person will think he is fit to appear in public if he has merely taken a bath.”
- About what political power has turned into topyaps.com What politics has today turned into is very aptly described in Srimad Bhagvatam 12.2.7 as “As the earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt pollution, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.”
- About Global Warming and larger issues spoilthedead.com The issues the world is facing right now were rightly predicted in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.10 as “The citizens will suffer greatly from cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. They will be further tormented by quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease, and severe anxiety.”
- About the decreasing life longevity tenor.co The health is slowly degrading and people are suffering from new diseases everyday. It has been written in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.11 that “The maximum duration of life for human beings in Kali Yuga will become 50 years.”
- About children moving out of their homes collegetimes.com One harsh reality has been written in a single sentence in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.3.42 as “Men will no longer protect their elderly parents.”
- About what religion has turned into today topyaps.com Again this is a harsh reality that has been jotted down in Srimad Bhagavatam 12.3.38 “Uncultured men will accept charity on behalf of the Lord and will earn their livelihood by making a show of austerity and wearing mendicant’s dress. Those who know nothing about religion will mount a high seat and presume to speak on religious principles.”
- About what wealth does to people at large drakegifs.tumblr.com Srimad Bhagavatam 12.3.41 speaks about today’s reality “In Kali-yuga men will develop a hatred for each other even over a few coins. Giving up all friendly relations, they will be ready to lose their own lives and kill even their own relatives.”