India is a country that is full of diversity. It is a beautiful mix of different race and religion. The country is so diverse that it is the world in itself. We are proud Indians but there are few things that we bet you did not know about your own country. Let’s have a quick look at what they are.
- The gathering in Kumbh Mela is visible from space ichef.bbci.co.uk There are only a few things visible from space and monuments like the Great Wall of China is one of them. The gathering in Kumbh Mela is so dense that it is visible from the space station. So, this year if you are one of those people who is driven to Allahabad for a holy dip at the Sangam in Prayag. Look up… you are visible!
- Khasi tribe has Matrilineal family nelive.in Women empowerment is the hot topic across the globe. Meanwhile, we did not know that there is an old tribe in our country which gives freedom and empowerment to the women so much that they carry the family name. That is progressive and wow!!
- The English speaking population is double the population of the UK i1262.photobucket.com Nearly 11.38% of India’s population speaks English. Well, we would say that is some serious hangover of the British rule in India. All we need to tell to the queen is that we speak and write your language more than you do.
- We are home to world’s oldest culture crystalinks.com The Indus Valley civilization dates back more than 8000 years. The Egyptian civilization is supposed to be 3000 years old. We all travel to various countries to see what heritage they carry, but most ofushave not seen the remains of the Indus Valley Civilization.
- We are the largest gold buyers in the world images.grabhouse.com You probably could have guessed that. But did you know that Indian housewives hold more than 11% of the world’s total gold?? You see, there is no way India can face a crisis. Because Indian housewives hold more gold than the United States, The IMF, Germany, and Switzerland put together. Yes, so technically women of India can bail the country out in a crisis.
- India was the only source of diamonds till 19th century betterdiamondinitiative.org The modern day Golconda in Telangana region was the only source of diamonds to the world until the 19th century. It is said that the river beds when dried up, one could hand pick the diamonds. But there is no diamond exploration in Golconda anymore.
- India has never invaded any country cdn.meme.am We were invaded by many dynasties and the British, but we have never invaded any other country. I mean, why would we? We have everything and we donot need to look someone else’s wealth or riches.
- India has the world’s oldest city discover-india.in Varanasi or Kashi is the world’s oldest inhabited city. The history dates back 4200 years. If there are any other things that you think that we must add to the list, do let us know!!