With summer vacation upcoming, almost everyone is busy planning a holiday. Everyone would be waiting for this time to get away from hassles of the city and relax somewhere pleasant and calm. This is the time where most of us head towards offbeat tourist places. If you are one of those looking forward to getting away from tedious routine and just go relax somewhere, here is a list of places where you can head off this summer:
- Leh-Ladakh alifetimetrip.wordpress.com Leh-Ladakh was once an unexplored territory and was also called India’s best kept secret. However, since last few years there has been a great increase in the number of tourists visiting Leh-Ladakh and half of them are adventure lovers who take a road-trip to Ladakh. The best months to visit this place are April-May-June. The trip here would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Switzerland wifflegif.com Switzerland doesn’t require any description. The Alps in summer are simply mesmerizing and a visit to Mount Titlis, Jungfrau, paragliding from hills, hiking along its green mountains and much more would leave you wanting more. A visit to Switzerland in April-May-June would be very pleasant and enjoyable.
- Coorg travelguide.easemytrip.com Coorg is one of the very beautiful hill stations of Karnataka and is located in the lap of the Western Ghats. Also known as the “Scotland Of India” and the “Kashmir Of South India”, the journey to Coorg is very beautiful. You will be driving past various coffee plantations and spectacular winding roads. Those who love trekking and hiking would find this to be a perfect place and there are various luxurious resorts located here where one can just relax amongst the nature.
- Mauritius makeagif.com Summer spent relaxing by the cool blue waters and blue clear skies is truly a summer well-spent. That is what Mauritius will make you feel. Mauritius is spectacularly beautiful and few days spent by its beaches will make you feel rejuvenated. Also, a popular honeymoon destination, there are a plenty of other sight-seeing locations here which you can explore.
- Bhutan bhutan2008.blogspot.in Bhutan can be reached by road from India and the road journey from India-Bhutan to its interior is simply mesmerizing. A very small country nestled between India and China; Bhutan is the happiest country in the world. Unexplored landscapes, amazing Buddhist architecture and smiling faces is what will greet you in Bhutan. If you want to go somewhere fresh and untouched, Bhutan is the place for you.
- Kashmir sundayguardianlive.com Kashmir is definitely one of the top summer destination choices and one is definitely never going to get tired of this place. Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Srinagar, and Sonmarg are few places to visit in Kashmir. Shikara rides in Dal Lake, a visit to Mughal gardens, Betaab Valley are top tourist destinations in Kashmir.
- Sri-Lanka pinterest.com Very easy to reach from India, Sri Lanka is slowly becoming one of the favorite destinations to holiday at. As Sri Lanka is located very close to the Equator, the weather remains fairly constant all around the year, yet the best time to visit it is April-May-June-August. Colombo, Galle, and Kandy are best places to enjoy here.