Feminism is not about giving special privileges to women but changing our own perspectives towards them. Feminism does not mean hatred towards men but only a plea to be treated equally. The power within oneself has to wake up.
- “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.” ― Rebecca West
- “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” ― Margaret Atwood
- “It makes me sad to hear girls constantly putting themselves down. We have these unbelievably high expectations of ourselves when actually we’re human beings and our bodies have a function.” ― Emma Watson
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ― Alice Walker
- “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens.” ― Michelle Obama
- “Women’s rights are human rights.” ― Hillary Clinton
- Who runs the world? Girls.
- There’s nothing a man can do, that I can’t do better and in heels.
- The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.
- These days, I strive to be a bitch, because not being one sucks. Not being a bitch means not having your voice heard.
- I’m not a humanitarian, I’m a hell-raiser.
- I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
- Do you know they found land mines in women’s souls?
- There are some people who still feel threatened by strong women. That’s their problem. It’s not mine.
- I am too intelligent, too demanding, and too resourceful for anyone to be able to take charge of me entirely. No one knows me or loves me completely. I have only myself.
—Simone de Beauvoir