It is said that art never dies. Here are few actors who gave the audience the privilege of watching them on-screen even after their death.Death is uncertain. There are no exceptions there. It is said that death is the final destination. It is the end. However that is not true in few cases. For instance there are few actors who had a few films lined up but faced an untimely death. In such cases, their films were released after their death thus keeping them and their talent alive. Here are few such cases where the actors’ movies were released posthumously:
- Farooq Shaikh bollywoodbubble.com Farooq Shaikh will forever be known for his versatility. Seen in numerous movies and TV Show like Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, Farooq Shaikh died on 27th December 2013. His two movies Children of War and Youngistan were released in 2014.
- Heath Ledger pinterest.com Heath Ledger’s role as The Joker in The Dark Knight was highly appreciated and even won him the Academy Award for the same. However he did not live to receive the award or to see the appreciation the role got him. He died in 2008 because of an accidental overdose. Another movie The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was also released posthumously.
- Om Puri i.ytimg.com Om Puri. Ghazi Attack was released on 17th February 2017 while Viceroy House is set to release on 11th August 2017. Om Puri was also cast in Salman Khan’s Tubelight that will be released on 25th June 2017 and 2006 Varanasi: The Untold whose release date is not yet finalized.
- Richard Harris wifflegif.com Harry Potter fans would remember the Dumbledore of first two installments. Richard Harris passed away before the release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in 2002. The role of Dumbledore in remaining installments was played by Michael Gambon.
- Paul Walker giphy.com Paul Walker best known for his role in The Fast and Furious franchise died in a car collision on 30th November 2013. He was then in between the shooting of The Fast and Furious 7. The movie was then released on 2nd April 2015 but with a different ending that was originally planned. Other movies that were released after his death are Brick Mansions (2014) and Hours (2013).
- Shammi Kapoor deccanchronicle.com Shammi Kapoor died on 14th August 2011 because of chronic renal failure. His grandson Ranbir Kapoor’s movie Rockstar was his last movie in which he appeared in a special appearance. The movie was released on 11th November 2013.
- Amrish Puri imprintsonindianfilmscreen.blogspot.in Bollywood’s very versatile actor Amrish Puri died because of cerebral haemorrhage in January 2005. His movies Kachchi Sadakand Kisna: The Warrior Poet were released post his death with Kisna being released just few days later.
- Smita Patil tumblr.com Smita Patil died because of some childhood complications on 13th December 1986. However around 10 films that starred her were released posthumously including much acclaimed Mirch Masala that got her an appreciation in Forbes’s “25 Greatest Acting Performances of Indian Cinema”. Cover image source