The debate regarding how important education is can be brought to an end by having a look at these individuals
We have always been told from the very beginning that education is a must-have. However here are few individuals that prove that having a passion, a vision and a drive to succeed is much more important. There are so many success stories that make us ponder how important education really is. Here are few extremely successful businessmen who never completed their education:
- Arash Ferdowsi images.forbes.com Ferdowsi is a co-founder of Dropbox and he never completed his schooling. He dropped out of his school in his last semester so that he could fully commit to the project started by him along with other co-founder Drew Hudson in 2007. Estimated worth of Dropbox is $4 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg reactiongifs.com This name doesn’t need any description. Owner and builder of Facebook, Mark was a Harvard student. But he dropped out of the university during his sophomore year in 2004 so that he can give full concentration to Facebook. Facebook’s net worth as of September 2016 was $54 billion.
- Steve Jobs giphy.com The creator and co-founder of Apple, Steve Jobs dropped out of Reed College in Oregon because his parents could barely afford its fees. However he continued attending a calligraphy course to which he gave the credit of Mac’s multiple typefaces and proportionally spaced fonts. Steve’s Jobs net worth was approximately $10.2 billion when he passed away in 2011.
- Richard Branson entrepreneurmag.co.za Richard Branson suffered from dyslexia and he dropped out of school at the age of 16. He started a magazine namely Student wherein he would discuss common youth issues. This was later on used as a platform to launch Virgin records. Today the Virgin group consists of more than 400 companies and his net worth is $5.1 Billion.
- Michael Dell fortune.com Dell Computers was started out of Michael Dell’s college dorm room. He later on dropped out of college to pursue his passion. Today Dell Technologies is one of the leading information technology infrastructure solutions provider in the world and Michael Dell’s net worth is $20.7 billion.
- David Karp tumblr.com The brain behind Tumblr which as of today ranks 48th in Top 100 Global Websites, David Karp didn’t even finish his high school graduation. He dropped out of high school to be home schooled in 2001 and hence doesn’t even hold a high school diploma. According to Forbes, his net worth is more than $200 million while Tumblr’s value is approximately $800 million.
- Charles Culpeper giphy.com The owner and CEO of Coca Cola, Charles Culpeper dropped out of high school never completed his education but went on to create one of the most popular brands there is today. He died at the age of 65 in February 1940.
- Evan Williams ted.com Evan Williams who is the co-founder of Twitter and played an instrumental role in creating the terms “Blog” and “Blogger” attended University of Nebraska. He dropped out of the university after a year and half to pursue his career in IT. He took up various technology jobs before Twitter was co-founded in 2007. Today his net worth is $1.31 Billion. Cover image source