When we fall in love with someone, we want it to last forever. Too many times, it doesn’t. They say it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, and I believe in it with the whole of my heart. When we love someone, the entire experience of it changes us forever.
Even if the relationship doesn’t last, we come out of it as a whole new person. I’m eternally grateful to my ex who made me realize how strong I could be (even in my weakest hour). If you have ever loved and lost, then you will certainly relate to these life-lessons that only an “almost” lover can teach.
- You made me understand how effortless being in love could be. It was the most genuine experience of my life and I didn’t have to try too hard. I didn’t have to fake it.
- I learned how to put others before myself. When I was with you, your happiness meant everything to me. I discovered how content I could be by making others happy.
- I always thought that I could be passionate about things like art, traveling, or music. You made me realize how passionate we can be for a human being. You became my new-found passion.
- Even when we are no longer together, you still inspire me in more ways than I can imagine. You are (and will always be) my muse and have inspired me to make my whole life a work of art.
- Truth to be told – I would never forget you because some of the best days of my life were spent with you. You have given me enough memories to spend an entire lifetime with.
- I never believed in “true love”, but you taught me that there are indeed all kinds of love (but never the same love twice).
- Even your absence made me realize how brutal separation can be at times. The longest distance in the world is not a physical one. It is when two people are sitting in front of each other without having anything to say.
- Thank you for teaching me that no matter how much we try – there are a few things in this world that we just can’t have. Two people can still be in love while being apart.
- I never thought that I could live without you, but I made it by taking one step at a time. It made me realize how strong I am and that I can let go of the one thing that made me complete.
- I can remember you for being the one who broke my heart, but I’m not going to do that. Instead, I will remember you for the person who touched my heart and my soul in ways that no one else did.
- You made me feel that I was imperfectly perfect. You saw my flaws and you fell in love with them. It made me accept my shortcomings, and I understood that I don’t need to change myself to find love.
- Most importantly, in the process of loving you, I also fell in love with myself. And while letting you go, I also let go of my insecurities. I lost you, but I found myself. And somehow, that meant everything.
So thank you, for making me believe in love. Before I met you, it was like as if I was drowning. I was drowning and you saved me – in every possible way a person can be saved. And for that, I will always be grateful to you.