Elizabeth Gilbert’s bestselling book, “Eat Pray and Love” is a story which chronicles the journey of a woman who goes on for a world tour after she splits from her husband. The book is about what she discovers during her journey, the lessons she learned and how that changed her perspective only to find love again at the end. The book was later transformed into a movie starring Julia Roberts in the lead. What makes the book special is not only about it showing the fun attached to a solo woman’s trip, but also the book rewards us with some heart touching quotes which can inspire us a lot.
Let us rewind some of those sensible quotes which make this book a great read.
- “A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” We all need such a mate in our life, don’t we? giphy.com
- “Desiring another person is perhaps the most risky endeavor of all. As soon as you want somebody – really want him – it is as though you have taken a surgical needle and sutured your happiness to the skin of that person, so that any separation will now cause a lacerating injury.” We all are caught up in such ‘wants’ in relationships. Isn’t it? wifflegif.com
- “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.” Your thoughts are the reflection of your inner-self and only you have the power to control them. makeagif.com
- “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.” Stop searching happiness in other person. Search within yourself indeed. tumblr.com
- “Real, sane, mature love—the kind that pays the mortgage year after year and picks up the kids after school—is not based on infatuation but on affection and respect.” The subtle difference between infatuation and pure love. klariza-helps.tumblr.com
- “When I get lonely these days, I think: So be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.” Don’t let your loneliness kill you. sharegif.com
- “Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” Let your emotions guide you to a better path. wifflegif.com
- “The Bhagavad Gita–that ancient Indian Yogic text–says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.” You have been given your life for fulfilling some purpose. Don’t spoil it by ranting over someone who has a better life than yours. klariza-helps.tumblr.com
- “Marriage becomes hard work once you have poured the entirety of your life’s expectations for happiness into the hands of one mere person. Keeping that going is hard work.” Don’t lose yourself entirely to someone else, have something of your own to hang on. huffingtonpost.in
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” Life never fails to surprise you when you toil so much, wait patiently. in.pinterest.com