media.gqindia.com Recently Vancouver was the dream place for SRK fans because it was none other than King Khan himself who flew there for his first ever Ted Talk. Before leaving India for the show, he tweeted, “Looking forward to it and I hope I remember my speech!!!” His talk-show was attended by a massive crowd and his quotes from the conference are going viral on the internet. It is said to be one of the funniest Ted Talks ever and why would it be not, it was the witty SRK performing. Out of everything, the best thing was to know that King Khan will soon host TED Talks India: Nayi Soch, the very first global Hindi talk show created in partnership with TED. Until the official video is released online, here’s a peek at some of his funniest and most thought-provoking quotes from the event.
- When he was asked about ageing and racing against time. happyvalentinesimages.com “I looked at my face and realized I am starting to look more and more like my wax statue at Madame Tussauds”
- His Thoughts on the business of Bollywood lh6.googleusercontent.com “I sell dreams and I peddle love to millions of people back home in India, who assume that I am the best lover in the world.”
- When he looked super obsessed with himself. lh3.googleusercontent.com “I’ve been made to understand there are lots of you here who have never seen my work, and I feel really sad for you. That doesn’t take away from the fact that I’m completely self-obsessed, as a movie star should be.”
- When he dropped some wisdom. encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com “The present you is brave. The present you is hopeful. The present you is innovative and resourceful. And, of course, the present you is annoyingly indefinable.”
- When he talked about hope google.co.in “I am an ageing movie star, who has been made to believe that there is a possibility of a world which is complete, wholly, self-obsessively in love with itself.”
- When he dropped some truth bombs static.dnaindia.com “You may use your power to build walls and keep people outside. Or you may use it to break barriers and welcome them in. You may use your faith to make people afraid and terrify them into submission. Or you can use it to give courage to people, so they rise to the greatest heights of enlightenment.”
- His message for everyone encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com “It has to be you who creates the world that is its own best lover, that should be the future you.”