We sure live in a weird world, a world that will perhaps never cease surprising us
It is a given that this is a strange world with even stranger things going on. There is so much happening around us that some or the other thing is going to take us by surprise and make us go “Really?” Here are few such facts that will make you go “WTF!”:
- According to a study, approximately 16,000 American babies are born pre-mature each year atleast in part. This is caused due to air pollution.giphy.com
- Zippers are the single most common cause of penile injury in US adults. More than 17,000 American men have ended up in emergency rooms between 2002-2012 because they got their penises caught in a zipper.
- Study says that 40% of women would consider dumping their boyfriend if her friends don’t like him.gurl.com
- The infamous MGM lion that was used in the original logo killed its trainer and 2 assistants the day after the logo was filmed.giphy.com
- In the movie Terminator 2, Schwarzenegger only spoke around 700 words and he was paid $15 million. This means that the cost of “Hasta la vista, baby!” is $85, 716.
- One of the last samurais was a female, Nakano Takeko. She had asked her sister to cut off her head when she was shot so that the enemies couldn’t take it as a trophy.
- Arthur Boycott a student at Hereford Cathedral School checked out a school library book and forgot to return it. His granddaughter returned it 120 years later.
- The painting Etoile Bleue was sold for $37,000,000 in 2012.
- A survey of 800 American and Canadian millennials found that about 15% of them reported to having scheduled multiple dates for one night.collegetimes.com
- It takes 9 hours, 36 minutes, and 10 seconds to reach the 1,048,576th row of an Excel spreadsheet by perpetually pressing the down arrow.themarysue.com
- Soda is so corrosive that without a liner, the liquid would eat through the aluminum can after 3 days. Also, most sodas have a pH level higher than acid rain.tumblr.com
- Nickelodeon once aired a movie named “Cry Baby Lane” – It was considered so scary, that it wasn’t aired on TV again for 11 years.internetisinamerica.blogspot.in
- Japan is obsessed with Kit Kat bars. They actually consider Kit Kats to be a sign of good luck. The country consumes around 5 million Kit Kat bars every day. There are various luxury flavors such as strawberry cheesecake, green tea, red bean sandwich, sweet potato and sake available over there.giphy.com