Bollywood as a part of Indian Film Industry has given us so many wonderful movies and beautiful scripts to enjoy. It has been running strong from decades entertaining its audiences. Every year bollywood produces movies on a massive extent which make promotions as an important part for the success of any movie. In order to make their movie stand out before it reaches theaters, sometimes producers and actors bring out crazy tactics to promote the movie. These kinds of promotions sometimes do work, while sometimes they end up unexpectedly troubling the people. Here are some bizarre movie promotions that bollywood stars have done to promote their film.
- Ghajini 3.bp.blogspot.com Amir Khan being a perfectionist showed off his perfection in all the promotions of his movie – Ghajini. Amir had a weird hairdo in the movie which he also sported during the promotions. Not only him, but the entire staff of Big Cinemas India sported the Ghajini look. The Ghajini hairstyle soon became a rage among youngsters. A hair-styling competition was also held in IMAX Mumbai and people were extremely eager to get that Ghajini hairstyle.
- Chance Pe Dance images.desimartini.com Shahid Kapoor and Genelia d’souza starrer was promoted in the weirdest way. The lead –pair was asked to spend a whole night in a car surrounded by media. This promotional stunt became weird for the star cast also as they had to spend a whole night sleeping on car seats obviously with curious onlookers and media persons. Just like the promotional stunt, the movie could not perform well and disappeared from theaters as soon as it came.
- Two States media2.intoday.in The movie was adapted from Chetan Bhagat novel ‘Two States’ and hence the promotions for the movies were incomplete without drama. The lead actress Alia Bhatt tweeted her wedding invite to promote the movie. We won’t be surprised if someone says that it was Chetan Bhagat who gave this unique idea of promoting the movie!
- Bobby Jasoos static.koimoi.com Vidya Balan played the role of a private detective and has done 12 different looks for this movie. For the promotions of the movies she dressed herself up as a beggar and sat outside Hyderabad station without anyone noticing her. Hrithik Roshan was also fooled by Vidya Balan, who dressed as a beggar approached the actor while he was shooting for a film at a studio. He was later informed by one of the unit members that he has been fooled by prankster Vidya.
- Raees data1.ibtimes.co.in Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, with his Raees team, travelled by train from Mumbai to Delhi to promote his film. To get a glimpse of the actor, people gathered at railway stations in huge numbers making the situation uncontrollable. Unfortunately, a fan who went to see King Khan lost his life after he suffered cardiac arrest in a stampede at Vadodara Railway Station. After the incident SRK received a lot of backlash from his fans on social media for creating chaos with such kind of promotions.
- 3 Idiots indicine.com Mr. Perfectionist tried a unique way this time to promote the movie. He disappeared and made random appearances in small cities across the country to promote his unique film. His co-star Kareena Kapoor alog with Sachin Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly deopped hints about his whereabouts and everyone went crazy finding the actor.
- Kill Dill static.hamaraphotos.com The lead actors of the movie, Parineeti and Ranveer painted the walls of Mumbai to promote their movie. But BMC wiped the walls off as they had no social message. So, the actors again painted the walls, but this time with some social messages! Do we really need such publicity for a movie?