Every one of us had loved the popular film ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ that was released in the month of June in 2006, which is a screen adaptation of the novel by the same name. The character of Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly, a dream-crushing role, and her assistance’s Emily Blunt and Anne Hathaway have remained a central stage. Especially, most of the people loved quotes given by Miranda Priestly, as mentioned here.
- Quote 1-Floral? For Spring? Groundbreaking!
Miranda always used sarcasm to get her point across.
- Quote 2-Oh Please. It’s just, I don’t know, drizzling
Miranda wanted to get back home for her kids recital. Being a hard-ass boss, she called Emily to get her a flight back home even in bad weather.
- Quote 3- I do not understand why it is so difficult to confirm an appointment.
Miranda’s reaction, “Details of incompetence do not interest.”
- Quote 4-No, stay away from her, she’s useless and unattractive.
Miranda was a perfectionist and a fashionista, anything that is not fashionable bored her to death. If you are unattractive you better stay away from Miranda.
- Quote 5-The layout for Winter Wonderland? Not wonderful yet.
Miranda hated the collection shown to her for the winter design. Miranda always wanted to be the best and was not easily satisfied with people’s work.
- Quote 6- Please bore someone else with your… questions.
Whatever Miranda instructed Emily was supposed to make sense out of it immediately. There was no repeating and she was not supposed to ask too many questions, but react on the instructions given to her.
- Quote 7-Details of your incompetence do not interest me.
The hard ass boss wanted her work to be done at any cost. She always wanted yes as an answer and if yes was not the answer, Miranda had no interest in hearing out the reason for failure.
- Quote 8-Is there some reason that my coffee is not here?
Miranda was particular about her morning routine coffee. If the coffee was not on the table, the reason according to her was that her staff was dead. She wanted the routine to be followed at any cost.
- Quote 9-Is it beyond the collective power of my staff to accomplish this simple task?”
Miranda was a go-getter and could not accept no as an answer. She expected her staff to be the same as well.
- Quote 10-Has she gone to Rwanda for the beans?”
Miranda’s sarcasm had a new level altogether. The perfectionist did not understand delays and incompetent work. If she wanted her coffee, she wouldn’t wait a minute for it.
Do you have a boss like Miranda? Do let us know if, you face any such torture from your boss at the office.