If there is one best thing about monsoons, then it has to be the iconic chai-pakora combo. There is nothing better than sitting by the window, watching the raindrops falling and sipping on a hot cup of chai (tea) and munching delicious hot pakoras. One of the main reasons that make pakoras the ultimate monsoon snack is their versatility. You can easily make pakoras in very less time using a handful of basic ingredients that are always available in our kitchens. Let’s check out these quick and easy pakora recipes that guarantee the addictive taste.
- Maggi Pakoras
Ingredients – Cooked instant noodles, small sized onions (chopped), 2-3 green chilies (chopped), Besan, Oil for frying.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, using little water and mix well.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, shape the batter into small pakoras and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
3. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Urad Dal Pakora
Ingredients – 100 g polished urad dal, 2 green chilies (finely chopped), 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped), salt to taste, refined oil for frying
1. Soak the urad dal in water for 30 minutes. Strain the water and blend it once to grind it coarsely.
2. Put the batter into a mixing bowl, add salt and chopped green chilies and coriander and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into small roundels and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown in color. Serve it hot.
- Leafy green pakoras
Ingredients – 20 spinach leaves (cleaned, dried and chopped), 1 cup fenugreek leaves (cleaned and chopped), ½ cup spring onion greens (washed and chopped), 1 cup chickpea flour, 1 tbsp ginger paste, ¼ tsp royal cumin seeds, ¼ tsp ajwain (carom seeds), ½ tsp saunf (fennel seeds), a pinch of crushed black pepper powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of hing (asafoetida), Water to mix, Salt to taste, Chaat masala, for sprinkling, 60 ml oil, for deep frying.
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil and chaat masala in a bowl.
2. Mix it well to make a thick batter, using a little water to bind.
3. The mixture should be fairly dry to touch but not sticky.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the pakoras till crisp
5. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve with a tangy chutney of your choice.
- Egg Pakora
Ingredients – 4 hard boiled eggs, 3 tbsp besan or gram flour, 1 tsp red chili powder, black pepper powder, oil to fry.
1. Peel and cut the hard boiled eggs into two halves
2. Sprinkle little salt and pepper on the eggs.
3. In a bowl take gram flour, add salt, red chili powder, water and make a thick batter,
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Dip each egg piece in the batter and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown in color.
- Left Over Rice Pakora
Ingredients – 1 cup cooked rice, cumin seeds (jeera), salt, red chili powder, 1/2 cup curd, 1 ½ cup besan, ¼ cup Semolina (rawa), ½ tbsp ginger chili paste, ½ spoon garam masala powder, 1 onion finely chopped
1. Mix rice, curd, jeera, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, ginger chili paste, rawa, besan, and leave it side for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan
3. Mix the batter well, make small balls and deep fry them.
4. Serve with green chutney.