In today’s world where travelling by air is a necessity, it is also very tiring. All those long hours of travel, the connecting flights, commuting between terminals, the jetlag…Well, it is a huge hassle. But each airport is unique in its own way. While some airports are very tiny and small, some are so huge you might as well need a map to reach places; some airports have just the basics while some are very beautiful and glamorous. Here is the list of few airports around the world, which ought to be experienced:
- Changi Airport, Singapore giphy.com Skytrax has named Singapore Changi Airport as World’s Best Airport for the fourth consecutive year. This Airport connects passengers to more than 200 worldwide destinations. The airport handles approximately 5000 weekly arrivals and departures, which are divided amongst approximately 80 international airlines. This airport has various gardens; amenities like theaters and spa; workspace for business travellers; transit hotels and much more.
- London Heathrow Airport giphy.com London Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in Europe and was once the busiest airport in the world. The airport is very beautifully made and has a very modern infrastructure. Heathrow connects more than 80 flights to 180 worldwide destinations. Over 72 million passengers travel each year from this airport.
- Dubai Airport youtube.com Dubai airport is the busiest airport in the world as well as one of the most beautifully constructed airports. A French architect has designed the airportand it’s definitely a delight to explore this airport. Shopping at Dubai airport is very common for the passengers here. Top shopped items here are duty-free chocolates, gold, and liquor.
- HongKong International Airport aboutcivil.org Hongkong International Airport provides such openness and is so spacious that it is very soothing after a long tedious flight. This airport is included in the list of one of the best airports in the world and it provides large facilities like entertainment and shopping.
- Maldives International Airport pininterest.com Main International Airport of Maldives is located at an elevation of approximately 6-8 feet above the sea level and right in the middle of the sea. The views that one get while landing and taking off are breathtaking and provides such memorable experience that one would never forget.
- McMurdo Air Station, Antartica go.haunqiu.com The runaways of this airport are very long but they are all made of ice. Plus the weather here is never constant. Irrespective of whatever time or season you choose to fly there, the pilots will be making the landing wearing night vision goggles because it is always dark there. It is one of the dangerous airports in the world.
- Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba Island gizmodo.com Saba Island is a very remote island in the Caribbean and it is well known for its shortest commercial runway in the world. The runway is approximately of about 1300 feet. The runway has mountain slopes on one side and seawater on other. Just adjacent to the runway are deep cliffs that drop into the sea.
- Princess Juliana International Airport, Saint Martin giphy.com The Princess Juliana International Airport is situated on the Dutch island of Saint Martin. This airport is well known for its extremely low-altitude flyover landing approach. The landing plane would flyover an adjacent beach at a very low altitude. This would give you a new kind of tropical experience.