Marriages in India are no less than the festivals. And on-screen Bollywood marriages are so inspirational. Each of us takes fashion tips from Bollywood while planning for our wedding. Especially the bridal outfits. There are so many on-screen bridal looks that left us awe-struck. With their perfect makeup, gorgeous hair-do, and breathtaking outfits, they look simply mesmerizing. Here are few such on-screen brides from whom we can take inspiration:
- KALKI KOECHLIN IN YEH JAWANI HAI DEEWANI 66.media.tumblr.com Kalki Koechlin was dressed in a Sabyasachi outfit for her wedding look in this movie. The outfit was a simple red lehenga with short plain choli paired with a red heavy bordered dupatta. Her jewelry included a very simple yet elegant necklace with earrings and a maangtikka. It was perfect, not-over-the-top and yet elegant look.
- KAREENA KAPOOR IN 3 IDIOTS hututoo.com Kareena Kapoor’s full sleeved jacket that had high slits worn with flowy lehenga was chic, classy and elegant. The outfit had pink, red and bright orange shades. Her jewelery was very royal consisting of ruby necklace, polka maangtika, stunning jhumkas. It surely was more than stunning.
- NARGIS FAKHRI IN ROCKSTAR s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com Nargis Fakhri looked like a perfect Kashmiri bride in Rockstar. Dressed in a traditional red Kashmiri outfit, which had exquisite embroidery work and had double border dupatta, she looked elegant. She wore kundan necklaces and plain passa. The red outfit had just the right amount of minimal embroidery work and her complete look was mesmerizing.
- PRIYANKA CHOPRA IN GUNDAY telegraphindia.com Priyanka Chopra was a perfect example of sensational and traditional Bengali bride in Gunday. She was dressed in red banarasi sari, which she had worn with the puffed short-sleeved blouse. She had simple necklaces, braided hair, dotted chandan above the eyes, maangtikka and traditional mukut, which have great importance in Bengali traditional.
- AISHWARYA RAI BACHAN IN JODHA AKBAR media.giphy.com Aishwarya Rai Bachan was a perfect Rajasthani Rajput royal bride who looked subtle yet more than elegant as a bride. She donned very heavy jewelry, as a true royal family bride would have. She had worn heavy kundan neckpieces, a beautiful nose ring, heavy earrings and a maangtikka. Makeup was kept very light. She looked simply flawless in this look.
- RANI MUKHERJEE IN KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA 66.media.tumblr.com Rani Mukherjee’s bridal look is to remember for its elegance and simplicity. She wore a fully embroidered heavy red lehnega with equally embroidered choli and transparent dupatta which had heavy bordered work. However, the jewelry or makeup was not too heavy and definitely complimented the outfit. She had put on a necklace, earrings, and a single-drop maangtika.
- PREITY ZINTA IN VEER ZAARA 67.media.tumblr.com Preity Zinta wore a Manish Malhotra outfit, which was a white dress that had slight shades of green and plum. The dress was such designed and had such embroidered work that it gave Preity Zinta a very graceful look that only a bride can pull off. Her maangtikka was beautiful and had a green drop of gem, which completed her look.
- DEEPIKA PADUKONE IN CHENNAI EXPRESS s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com Deepika Padukone pulled off the role of South Indian bride very beautifully. She looked very beautiful dressed in a simple yet heavy red and orange Kanjeevaram silk saree paired with layered necklaces, small and pretty earrings and layered maangtikka. The gajra completed her look.