India has got 7517 km long coastline and thus has got many breathtaking beaches, which are scattered along this coastline. From world’s longest beach of Marina to mesmerizing beaches of Andaman, from very famous beaches of Goa to unexplored beaches of Lakshadweep, India has got it all. India’s beaches are something you will never get enough of but here are few beaches which would give you a holiday to remember:
- COLA BEACH, AGONDA discoveringgoa.com Agonda in the Southern part of Goa is very popular amongst travellers. Be it a family visit, a couple visit or a friends trip, Agonda won’t let you down. There are tons of things to do in Agonda including visiting its popular beaches like Butterfly Beach, Galgibaga Beach, and Cola Beach. These are very serene, popular for sunbathing and have relatively lesser tourists than the mainstream Goa places. Agonda is only a few kilometers away from the station of Canacona. Places to visit here include the fort of Cabo De rama, Butterfly Beach where dolphins can be seen swimming and the local church.
- CHERAI BEACH, KERALA giphy.com Cherai Beach is a very beautiful and picturesque beach and is located approximately 20 km away from Cochin International Airport. Dolphins can be seen playing around and the beach is naturally studded with seashells of various shades and shapes. The beach is beautifully surrounded by green paddy fields and coconut groves. It is an ideal place for playing around in the sea and swimming. Holiday here would be memorable.
- RADHANAGAR BEACH, HAVELOCK ISLAND giphy.com Radhanagar Beach ranks amongst the top beach destinations in Asia and basically is Asia’s best beach. The water here is sparklingly blue and crystal clear which makes snorkeling a must do the activity. The views of coral reefs are very clear and beyond amazing. The Havelock Island does not have much population and thus is nothing less than paradise. You will feel one with nature here.
- PURI BEACH, ODISHA outlookindia.com Puri is pure nature’s beauty and nothing less than paradise however nowadays it has become slightly commercialized by all the tourists it attracts. The famous Jagannath Temple is located here; hence do make it a point to visit it. The beach is very enjoyable and sunrise here is not to be missed. Take a stroll in the evening and feel one with nature.
- GANPATIPHULE BEACH, MAHARASHTRA maharashtraplanet.com The beach here is very clean yet rocky with fine white silvery sand that sparkles in the sunlight. Ganpatiphule’s hill-shore beach is one of its kind and top tourist attraction here. There are few more beaches here in its vicinity which are very placid and where you can enjoy in peace. Ganpatiphule is at its best during monsoon months and when everything around is lush green.
- PARADISE BEACH, PONDICHERRY giphy.com Pondicherry is very laid-back, blissful and tranquil. Pure white sand, tranquil emerald waters, and calmness is what makes Paradise beach very popular. Swimming is permitted up to a certain point only since currents can be very strong here. It is located at the distance of just 8 km from the main town. Just relax over here and take a boat ride. Visitors are not allowed after 6.30 pm for safety reasons.
- MAHABALIPURAM BEACH, TAMILNADU tourmyindia.com This beach is located at the distance of 58 km from Chennai and is a very charming place. The golden sandy beach is very bewitching and is a perfect place if all you want to do is laze around. There are various beach activities here like wind surfing, diving, motor boating. If none of this interests you, just sunbathe over here.