Who hasn’t watched ‘The Newshour: With Arnab Goswami’, please raise your hands? We bet none of you would have raised hand. But if anyone did, let us introduce you to Arnab Goswami, the anchor who redefined the Indian media.
He came into popularity when he played anchor for the debate series The Newshour and not many people know that he is editor-in-chief of the news channel Times Now. There are other lesser-known facts about Arnab that nation wants to know are right here –
- He is an alumni of the Oxford. He has done his Masters in Social Anthropology from the Oxford University’s St. Antony’s College.
- He started his career as a journalist with the leading daily The Telegraph in 1995 at Calcutta.
- His natural flair for activism can be made by the fact that his grandfather Rajani Kanta Goswami was a lawyer, an activist as well as a Congress leader.
- (Retd.) Manoranjan Goswami, Arnab’s father, has also contested election as BJP candidate from Guwahati.
- Arnab Goswami is an author as well. His first book was named “Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge.”
- His recent interview with PM Modi was a massive hit and is the most popular interview on the social media.
- Bhupen Hazarika, one of the greatest musician of Assam, is his role model.
- Arnab has received many awards and accolades. He was chosen as 46th powerful person in India by India Today’s in their 2012 list.
- He also got featured on the cover of Good Times magazine and was also recently awarded as the IMPACT person of the year 2015.