gifhunterress.tumblr.com Though being a gay or lesbian has been considered taboo, there has been a considerable awareness about the same since few years. However, whatever the current state of this topic is, it is always difficult to admit to public that you belong to LGBT Community and the fear of being accepted by society always remains. There have been cases where the person has kept this fact hidden for the entire lifetime. Here are few famous celebrities who surprised the world to be gay or lesbian:
- Ricky Martin socialitelife.com Ricky Martin had carefully avoided loads of questions about his sexuality. However, he, later on, admitted that he is a homosexual and is actually very happy to be who he is. According to him, the years he had spent in silence only made him stronger. After Ricky’s admission, the Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation also issued a public statement in his support.
- Ellen DeGeneres rebloggy.com Ellen DeGeneres is an American television host, judge, writer, producer, and actress. She broke all taboos by coming out about her sexuality and is now happily married to well-known actress Portia de Rossi. She had announced about her being lesbian back in 1997 on her show when there was not much acceptability about being gay.
- Neil Patrick Harris readeroffictions.com Neil Patrick Harris who is very well known for his role as Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother and plays a playboy in that series is actually gay. He is now married and is a father of a 6-year old son. According to Neil Patrick, he realized that he was gay when he received a friendly kiss from Burt Reynolds. He has penned “Choose Your Own Autobiography” which describes his journey of coming terms to his sexuality.
- Alan Cuming wifflegif.com Alan Cuming has opened up about being bisexual and is an active LGBT rights activist. He has admitted that he has dated both men and women. He was earlier married to a woman and is currently now married to an artist named Grant Shaffer.
- Megan Fox rsvlts.com The Transformers star, Megan Fox has admitted to being a bisexual. Though she is now married to Brian Austin Green and is a mother of two, Megan has been very vocal about her feelings towards both men and women. She admitted in an interview with Esquire in 2011 that she has no questions about her being bisexual.
- Lindsay Lohan perezhilton.com Lindsay Lohan was once very vocal about her relationship with Samantha Ronson and has publically admitted that she was in love with her but she, later on, gave a statement that she is straight. According to her, she needed to experience what it was like being with girls and that she was looking for something different. Basically, she didn’t want to classify herself.
- Lady Gaga giphy.com Lady Gaga has since long opened up about her sexuality and has admitted that she likes girls. She said that her bisexuality has always been a problem in relationships that she has with men. She strongly supports the LGBT Community and says that even if she is bisexual she prefers women.